Saturday, February 5, 2011

I am in soooooooo much trouble ! ! !


I have just returned from the Grand Opening of a new little vintage boutique called Hodge Podge and I am in soooooooo much trouble. I walked out of there, having only spent $40. on 3 items but I had alot more than that in my arms before I put some things back. I purchased an 18kt white gold diamond & ruby cocktail ring for $5, a pair of red patent flats w/buckles for $15 and a gorgeous pink & red flowered ruffly blouse for $20. They will be featured on my blog at a later date.

One thing that I love about vintage shopping is that everything you buy is going to be unique. I love items that express one's individuality.

Another thing that I love about vintage shopping is that alot of the items you buy are sized for "real" women instead of stick figures. Just an interesting little aside . . . Marilyn Monroe wore a size 14 and she was considered to be one of the sexiest, most desireable women who ever lived.

One more thing that I love about vintage shopping is the prices. Vintage clothing is usually very good quality (the items were made when things were made to last) and reasonably priced.

When you are going vintage shopping, make sure that you allow yourself enough time to check the items over thoroughly and to be patient on your hunt.

No comments:

Post a Comment