Thursday, February 10, 2011

Another Patricia Field outfit



I absolutely fell in love with these items when I saw them. The skirt is so much fun and is very feminine. I love the shoes because they give the skirt a little bit of an edge. (Yes, the heels are actually a pair of brass knuckles - what an interesting detail for a shoe!)

If I were going to wear these, I would pair them with a standard white button-down, some black patterned tights and a onyx and silver chunky necklace. If I wanted to be a little fancier, I would replace the white button-down with a silky black button-down blouse, replace the patterned tights with sheer black hose and carry a small brightly-colored clutch.

If I were going to put these on Lady Gaga, I would pair them with a white lace long-sleeved turtleneck, white lace gloves, white lace tights and a white wide-rimmed Kentucky Derby-style hat.

If I were going to put these on Diane Keaton, I would pair them with a standard white button-down (buttoned all the way to the neck), an onyx and silver brooch with chain details at the neck, white opaque tights with black polka-dots and a pair of white gloves with a black bow at the wrist.

If I were going to put these on Sarah Jessica Parker, I would pair them with a simple white tanktop, black leather fingerless half-gloves and I would pile on the pearl necklaces - all different lengths but all white.

If I were going to put these on Rihanna, I would pair them with a black corset and a black jet beaded bib necklace that covered her neck and cascaded onto the upper chest. Bare legs, of course.

But if I were going to put these on a young lady for the prom, I would pair them with a simple white crew-neck t-shirt with cap sleeves, white lacy tights (but not too lacy), a big pearl necklace or choker with sparkly details, a faux-fur 3/4 sleeve bolero jacket probably in black or leopard print and a pair of hot pink or red or purple opera length gloves. I would probably also include a pearl bracelet that matches the necklace or choker over the gloves.

These items are so versatile, yet still fun, at any age!

No comments:

Post a Comment