Friday, September 16, 2011

My Royal Wedding tea party



If you remember, I TRIED to stay up all night so that I could watch the Royal Wedding live but ended up falling asleep about an hour before it started. I also had plans to get all dressed up with a fancy hat and everything.

Instead I had to watch recorded coverage online in my pajamas. But I DID still have my Royal Wedding tea party by myself. lol

I used a set of fine china. I purchased that china at a thrift store for $11 for 4 complete place settings. The reason I had purchased it was because I thought that it had such an Irish feel to it with the green and gold.

On my menu was vanilla chai tea, pecan shortbread cookies and an assortment of sugar-free chocolates including English toffee squares. Now that I'm typing this, the menu sounds just a little dull.

I just wish that I had planned a much larger tea party for my friends and we all could have dressed up and everything. Maybe when Harry gets married . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment