Monday, September 5, 2011

Bllliiinnnggg!


I'll admit it - I am easily distracted by shiny objects. It's true! I looooove jewelry. So I was really excited to see what Kate Middleton was going to wear for her royal wedding. So here is a picture of her wedding bling.

The tiara is the Cartier "Halo" tiara that King George VI purchased for his wife in 1936 and was given to Queen Elizabeth for her 18th birthday. The Queen loaned it to the Duchess of Cambridge for her special day.

The earrings were a gift from Kate's parents. The dangle in the middle of the earrings is an acorn - from the Middleton family crest.

And, of course, there is the ring. The beautiful 18-carat saphire and diamond ring that Prince Charles gave to Princess Diana for their engagement. It was then presented to Kate Middleton by Prince William as his "way of making sure that my mother didn't miss out". I haven't heard anything about the actual wedding band that the Duchess of Cambridge wears but I believe it to be either a gold or platinum band - simple and just like Diana.



The Duchess didn't wear any other jewelry for her wedding. She is truly a classy, elegant, yet simple lady.

No comments:

Post a Comment