Sunday, May 8, 2011

Catherine nail polish



Catherine Middleton, Duchess of Cambridge, has inspired a new nail polish by Butter London. It is called "No More Waity Katie".

First, I really hate that they ever referred to her as Waity Katie. It makes her sound like an old spinster, which she isn't. I think that it is absolutely wonderful that Prince William made sure that she was groomed and ready to be his wife so that she would be able to deal with life as a royal.

Second, I feel that the polish should have been called something like "Duchess" or "Princess" or "Princess Catherine" instead of something with a slightly negative conotation.

Third, I feel that a nail polish that is inspired by anyone, should be a reflection of them. This polish is a lavender glitter polish. I'm not seeing a correlation to Catherine. She's not glitzy. She's very glamorous and chic but not showy. Perhaps a lavender creme polish with some sort of sheen would have been more of a reflection of her.

That being said, the nail polish should have been released sooner so she could have actually worn it for her wedding. Or so that members of the public could have worn it in her honor on her special day.

I'm not trying to slam the nail polish itself. There are just some changes that I personally would have made. That's all.

No comments:

Post a Comment