Thursday, May 10, 2012

Long-lasting eyeshadow

I have discovered a way to make my eyeshadows last longer. Even the cheapies.

I prime the eyelid with Loreal DeCrease primer. Then I apply the eyeshadow with a DAMP sponge applicator. Dip the applicator in a little bit of water then blot the excess moisture off of the applicator until it is almost dry. It will still contain enough moisture to put on the eyeshadow. Then just sweep on your eyeshadow. If it drips or takes longer than about 30 seconds to dry, you used too much water. You can just blot the applicator again with a tissue and apply more eyeshadow.

There IS one type of shadow that doesn't seem to work quite as well . . . glittery eye shadow. These are the eye shadows that have slightly larger glitter in them than you find in a shimmer eye shadow.

I have deep-set eyes so creasing is a problem for me. This trick has worked for me, even with the cheap eye shadows from the Dollar Tree.

No comments:

Post a Comment