Thursday, January 26, 2012

Treats to myself

For Christmas, my in-laws gave me a Sephora gift card. That was so awesome since I'd never received one before nor had I ever shopped at Sephora.


So I decided to use it to treat myself to a new blush. This blush is frequently featured on various television shows and in several magazines. I've heard it's the best.


You guessed it . . . NARS blush in Orgasm.






When I first opened the compact, I thought I'd made a mistake. All the reviews say that it's universally flattering but it looked very bright, too coral and had alot of gold in it. But I decided to be brave and I tried some on. It was perfect!!! It gives my cheeks a healthy glow but isn't too bright and because it's a blend of peach, pink and gold, it DOES flatter everyone.

Then I decided to just treat myself to a new nail color for the New Year. I've been wanting to try something from the Essie brand and I saw that my local Walgreens had a sale on Essie ($8). Essie has soooo many fabulous colors to choose from so it was a tough decision but I finally settled on "Splash of Grenadine".


As you can see, it's not quite pink nor is it quite purple. This is a different color for me as well as a different finish. I usually use pearls and shimmers. Splash of Grenadine is a creme and it is B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L!

Another treat to myself was Maybelline Baby Lips in Grape Vine.









Baby Lips is an affordable new line of tinted and clear lip balms from Maybelline (and let's face it, it's just fun to say). Grape Vine is a very sheer purple and gives your lips just the right amount of color. It also gives you just the right amount of moisture without being too sticky and is convenient to shove in your pocket. And, Bonus! It smells like grape (but doesn't really taste like it). I got mine at Wal-Mart for about $3.

It's always nice to be treated to something special but don't forget to sometimes treat yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment