Saturday, January 14, 2012

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo


If you haven't had the chance to go see it yet, I highly suggest that you go see "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo". It is action-packed - so much so that I needed to "talk to a man about a horse" but I didn't want to leave because I was afraid I'd miss something. It was a really intense movie. Extremely well done. I've never read the book but The Thespian says that it follows the book very closely (unlike alot of other movies - The Devil Wears Prada . . . I'm looking at you!) Plus, it has Daniel Craig in it. It's a strange pairing but I honestly don't believe that anyone else would have worked in that role. And I'd probably see anything that had Daniel Craig in it!

Rooney Mara looked completely bizarre with her bleached out eyebrows, assymetrical haircut and many piercings. She is a committed actress though. Most of her piercings are real and she had them done specifically for the movie. She also left them in to continue work on the next 2 movies. The picture below on the left is what she looks like when she's "normal". I don't think that I'd be willing to go through that kind of pain for a movie role. But it might be worth it to be able to have a relationship with Daniel Craig!


Just a word of caution: It is NOT a good movie for kids AT ALL as there are scenes that are extremely graphic, including intense scenes of torture and rape.

No comments:

Post a Comment