Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Leftover Halloween candy

As is the case with so many years past, we bought way too much Halloween candy to hand out to trick-or-treaters. Every year, I tell myself to just get 1 bag of fun-size candy bars and then, somehow, I manage to convince myself that we're going to need more candy this year so I buy 3 or 4 bags. And every year, we get maybe 25 trick-or-treaters and end up with tons of leftovers.

So this year, we have a plan. I had the Hot Tamale take out what he wanted for his lunches. Then I took a few pieces for myself and PUT THEM IN THE FREEZER. That way, I will actually have to plan way ahead if I want any as you can't exactly defrost chocolate in the microwave and it will keep me from over-indulging. (Yes, People, I have "mad" thinking skills!!!) The remainder was divided between 2 nearby families with kids.

So rather than eating all of the leftovers, freeze them. It will help you control your weight, cholesterol and your diabetic coma!

No comments:

Post a Comment