Thursday, March 24, 2011

Did anyone else know . . .?



In honor of the upcoming royal wedding, I have been doing research online about various members of the royal family.

Was anyone else aware that the Queen Mother had passed away in 2002 at the age of 101 ??? I guess I just do not remember ever hearing about it. I had been wondering what she was up to these days. Now I know.

The Queen Mum was a very interesting woman (Just look her up on Wikipedia). She had a dry sense of humor and was always smiling. She seemed pretty down-to-earth and sometimes was known to go against the norm. Queen Elizabeth II could pick up a thing or two from her mother.

Speaking of Queen Elizabeth, I was looking through a scrapbook that belongs to my Dad and in there, was a birthday card from his sister. It had a picture of Queen Elizabeth and her husband, Philip, on it. It was signed from "Liz and Phil". I just found that to be so hysterical. My Dad's family members have very dry senses of humor also.

In closing, I just have one question for which I've never heard an answer - why do so many Brits have such terrible teeth (look @ the Queen Mum's)?

No comments:

Post a Comment